Are you traveling this holiday season? If your pet will be traveling with you, here are some things to consider as you venture, trek and travel:
- Did you know that your carry-on pet counts as one of your pieces of luggage?
- Make sure to label your pet’s kennel/carrier with your pet’s name along with your name, phone number and address.
- If traveling with your pet internationally, check the US Dept. of Agriculture’s website for US and destination country requirements regarding vaccines and other potential requirements. Remember that you must acquire a health certificate and proof of a rabies vaccine 10 days prior to air travel.
- Offer your pet some water and food approximately four hours before check-in with your airline. Don’t overfeed your pet to avoid an upset stomach!
- Don’t assume all airlines accept pets! Many airlines have age, health and even breed limitations. Call ahead to confirm.
- Don’t expect that your pet will automatically have a spot on the plane. Animals often limit the number of animals on each flight.
- Talk with your veterinarian prior to traveling for recommendations and advice on making it a more comfortable and safe trip for your pet.
Or, bring your pets to our wonderful resort!
The Animal Hospital of Polaris is a great getaway for your pets! Reservations are now being taken for the holiday season but space is limited, so call us today at (614)888-4050! Learn more about our options.